What a difference a week of sun makes! The heads of looseleaf lettuce were sweet and petite last week, and this week each head was an armload of beauty. Our share this week was:
- 1 bunch green garlic
- 1 bunch garlic scapes
- 1 bunch Mizuna (a very big bunch…it looks like some was about to flower, so it’s time to enjoy this first round of this tasty green!)
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 head Green Lolo lettuce
- 1 head Green Oakleaf lettuce
- 1 head Red Oakleaf lettuce
- 1 head Romaine lettuce (a shorter head than you’d see in the supermarket, but the leaves are so much more thick and dark…screaming “I AM GOOD FOR YOU, EAT ME!!!”)
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1 Quart strawberries
We remembered our bags this week, and enjoyed filling them up with our goodies. It’s a GREEN week ahead of us!
Here is a shot of the fields…a little bit more lush, with the greenhouses opening up to the summer air!